Friday, November 19, 2010

Editorial On The State Of The Mixtape Game!

Today I am going to talk about the current state of the mixtape game. I don’t know about you but I think its ridiculous a million people calling themselves dj’s when in fact they have never touched a pair of turntables! Putting out tapes with no mixing whatsoever just tagging tracks and arranging them that’s called a compilation. if you’re not cutting the tracks out of a single wav file guess what? You didn’t mix it moreover the key word in mixtape is mix! And the fact there running around low balling real dj’s is appalling. If I go to the club one more time and see a “fakej” playing music off replay I’m confiscating his laptop! What makes it worse there lowballing and charging artists 50 bucks for mixtape hosting. This is a diservice to the artist nobody’s going to listen to your tape if they don’t know the dj. That’s why it’s better to get an already established dj to do your tape so you get the promo you deserve. Yet everyday day a new “fakej” comes up out the woodwork to further pollute the already over flooded mixtape scene. And I know I am not the only one who feels this way I also put a lot of blame on these sites that post their garbage but that’s a whole other editorial in itself! And don’t worry I will touch on that subject very soon that’s all I got for now I got to go actually MIX! A tape until next time support the real dj’s out there!

Post a Comment